Electric Boat Rentals FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
BOAT OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
Tying a cleat
Seating for 10
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need boating experience or a license to rent an electric boat? In Florida, no boating license is required to operate our electric boats. They are user-friendly and akin to driving a golf cart. However, the primary operator must be at least 21 years old and present a valid government-issued ID.
- Are pets allowed on board? Yes, pets under 25 lbs are welcome on our boats. We charge a $25 pet cleaning fee to ensure the boats remain in pristine condition for all guests.
- What should I bring for the boat trip? Please bring a valid ID, credit card, and any personal items you may need. We provide all necessary safety equipment, including life jackets for all ages. You’re welcome to bring your own cooler with food and drinks.
- Can we drink alcohol on the boat? You’re allowed to bring alcohol on board. However, please remember that the same DUI laws apply on the water as on land. The boat operator must remain below the legal blood alcohol limit.
- Can I decorate the boat? Yes, feel free to decorate the boat for special occasions. Please avoid using mylar balloons as they are prohibited in our waters. Check our website for decoration options and guidelines.
- What are the parking facilities like? Ample parking is available near our location. We recommend carpooling. Valet parking is also available during specified hours.
- Is there a bathroom on the boat? Our boats do not have onboard bathrooms. However, restroom facilities are available at our dock. We advise using the restrooms before departure.
- What is the cancellation policy? For a full refund minus a $20 processing fee, cancel at least 5 days prior to your cruise. Cancellations made 24 hours to 5 days before the cruise can be rescheduled or exchanged for a raincheck voucher. Same-day cancellations are non-refundable.
- Are life jackets provided? Yes, we provide life jackets for all ages. Florida law requires children under 13 to wear a life jacket at all times on a moving vessel.
- What are your operating hours? We operate daily from 8 AM to 5 PM. All boats must return to the dock by 5 PM.
- What are some recommended spots to visit? Our Florida location offers access to beautiful waterways ideal for sightseeing, docking at local eateries, or simply enjoying the sun and sea breeze. We’ll provide a map of popular spots at check-in.
- Can we engage in water sports like tubing or wakeboarding? Due to insurance restrictions, towable water sports are not permitted with our rental boats. However, we can recommend local businesses that offer captained water sports charters.